I have completed the story of GSA’s second era, the second of seven. This era describes GSA’s entry into PB2 and subsequent growth.
15. A majority of the current Administrators may at any given time, unanimously begin a vote to oust the Leader from his rank of authority. If the vote succeeds, the Leader will be demoted or fired in a separate vote and the community must then choose a replacement.
GSA has a truly long and varied history. We have now persisted for six years, and have had hundreds of people join our clan and leave. Over the years, dozens of those people influenced our history and shaped us into the clan that we are today. We might look back and laugh at certain melodramatic moments, but we cannot deny that those occurred, and we must document them in one permanent location for future members of GSA to see. In order to do this, I have decided to create a comprehensive record of GSA’s history, whose process will be divided into three steps:
This is to be done with the help of our current membership and also past membership. No one person, however long they have been in the clan, can possibly remember all of the things that have occurred in it, so this is necessarily a group effort. If you have any good facts that may be obscure, please post them in the comments below.
Sadly, many of our old websites have been lost to time, but I managed to save a few and compile them into what I call the “GSA Archive”. I will look through this archive and use it for this compilation.
While the facts alone are interesting, to an outside observer they are confusing. A lot of explanatory writing will have to be done in order for the work to be coherent to members with no knowledge of our history.
The history will be split up into seven eras (subject to change) based on the evidence I currently have. Each era will be split up into separate entries and will be published both on the main page and on its own History page. You are welcome to criticize them as they are published and amendments will be made accordingly.
GSA deserves a record of its history not just for its future members, but also for its past members who spent so much time trying to improve their clan. It would be a tragedy if all of their efforts went unrecognized and forgotten. I hope that this will suffice.
The plan as it stands, is as follows:
1. Go through the site and renovate it. Removing anything that is strictly pb2 roleplay based. Including renovation of the laws and the removal of laws that will no longer apply to us in our new expansion.
2. Attempt to expand into as many gaming communities as possible without over-exerting ourselves. This means we play games together on steam, in-browser, and even on console. Anything and everything.
3. Divide the members list into 3 sub categories, those of us whom play In-browser, the ones who play console, and the ones who play the steam/download games. (Keep in mind that the Administrators have authority over all of these groups, even if they don’t play in that group very often. If you’re in GSA, then you are subject to GSA government.)
Please give feedback. If insufficient complaints are received, then this will become set in stone.
It has come to my attention that Pzk was NOT put in charge of GSA after Banana’s departure. Which is what many of us were led to believe, and many of the changes that Pzk has created were not properly voted on. Banana told him to collaborate with the Founder’s Group to change GSA, and to help move us to steam. Not to remove power from the leaders on Discord and go crazy with changing everything without proper voting. Unfortunately Banana is being a jerk about staying around to help figure this out and Pzk isn’t around for a while either. But I know how we work, and if we don’t act now, we’ll never act. We’re lazy. So this vote is created in collaberation with multiple other GSA members. We want to remove Pzk from absolute power in Discord, and name an official leader that Pzk needs to answer to (He was never voted as leader). Pzk will still be allowed to keep in charge our move to steam as Banana originally ordered, as that was voted on. But more in depth changes must be voted on before they can be established.
Vote for Night, Jeep, or Pzk to receive/keep the adminship on chat and head leadership of the clan.
Vote will end on the 16th
Banana resigned today from his leadership of the clan. While his term was short, I think we can all say that he did a good job and tried to help GSA.
We’ve all been through a lot with Banana in the three years that he’s been around – and I wish him well in whatever endeavor he sets off on next.
He’s a Banana
I know many of yall will crap your pants and whine and throw temper tantrums, but it’s time yall stop acting like babies and let this change come. The only thing that can be relied on is change. To just keep rolling with the many changes going on in gsa, we the FG would like the members of gsa to suggest a name that we can change to. Though the option to keep our name GSA is there, it won’t be fitting to the changes to come. The first 10 names that are deemed appropriate and useable will be voted on.
NO NAMES THAT ARE INAPPROPRIATE, DEROGATORY, POLITICAL, OR JUST PLAIN STUPID WILL BE ALLOWED
Your friend and alloy,
Hey guys Night here, we’re changing our massive amount of laws into simple rules for all to understand and know like the back of their hands.
General GSA Laws:
1. Treat all members with respect. Do not harm fellow GSA members, or threaten them in any way to damage them. (P: Warning or Probation from communicative services. I.E. The GSA chat, or in special cases for the dangering other members part, 3rd degree.)
2. Do not follow corrupt ways to achieve higher ranks. Only give or acquire a rank in the GSA through legal means, and do not give or acquire ranks because of blackmail/bribery/extortion. (P: 2nd Degree)
3. Keep on your GSA tag as well as avatar in all games/communicative services/instances of internet identity. Follow the GSA Tag Rules at all times. There may by exceptions due to special divisions/groups. (P: 1st Degree)
4. Do not attack or declare war a foreign entity/clan without the authorization of a member of the Council. (P: 2nd degree)
5. You are allowed to create peace with other clans, but the peace may only be official once a member of the FG approves of it. (P: Warning.)
6. Only through a vote of the GSA members, initiated by the FG as a whole, may a member be promoted to a seat on the Council. (P:3rd degree)
7. Only members of the FG can fire a member of the GSA, and he/she must have just cause and reason to fire a member I.E.: The member broke a 3rd degree law. (P: 2nd degree.)
8. You must follow all orders given by a superior officer within the GSA, unless they infringe upon your rights or break the law. (P: 1st or 2nd degree.)
9. Spying missions to a foreign clan/entity are not permitted. (P:.2nd degree .) (Council approved)
10. A lower ranked member cannot relieve the orders of a higher ranked member of the GSA in any occasion. (P: 2nd degree.)
11. A player may not rejoin or join the GSA if he/she has been affiliated with an enemy/tensioned clan in any way, unless she denounces his/her affiliation with said clan(s) for a period of two weeks. (P: Fired.)
12. A member that has been fired from the GSA cannot rejoin GSA until a period of 1 month has passed. If the member is fired or quits more than three times then he/she can no longer join the GSA.Unless a majority of the FG authorize him/her to return to GSA.
13. The term: “Popular Vote/Popular Sovereignty” refers to only the members of the GSA. Therefore, only GSA members may vote. (P: Warning.)
14. Clan members and Foreign Members who are not editors/admins/authors/contributors are not allowed to use other accounts and must not deceive the members about their identity. (P: 2nd degree.)
15. Only members of the FG can rehire a fired member. (P: 1st degree.)
16. Promotions will only be given through legal means by promotion testing, unless a member of the FG approves a radical skip in ranks to an officer. Promotion Testing: (P: 2nd degree.)
17. Inactivity from the GSA for 1 month without informing any member of the GSA about a temporary leave of absense results on getting removed from your current rank and the GSA. (P: None.)
18. ALL Changes made to the GSA website or being must be announced in a sticky post on the website, within which the member who made the change must post the original format, and the new change that was made to the format. (P: 2nd degree.)
19. A vote must give the members of the GSA a minimum of 2 days, or 48 hours from the creation of the vote, to vote on the subject. (P: 1st degree.)
20. The GSA shall have power to make all laws which shall be necessary to its being by reforming the GSA Constitution, lead out by any legal Majority Vote, or legal Official who has the ability to do so. The GSA also have the power to overturn any law/act made by any official(s) with a 2/3rd majority vote. (P: No Punishment.)
21. ALL GSA members can be in a maximum of two other clans discounting the GSA. Unless there is a special occasion in which a FG member gives a general order to restrict members from entering a clan. (P: 1st degree.)
22. A foreign clan/entity can become an ally of the GSA as long as it is approved by a member of the FG. No clan’s diplomatic status can be changed without the permission of a FG member.(P: 1st degree.)
23. If a member is not in the GSA for any amount of time for any reason, then upon rejoining the period of time for a promotion test is reset. (P: 1st to 2nd degree.)
24. If a member is demoted in the GSA then he/she cannot immediately seek promotion through promotion testing, but must wait the normal period of time to be promoted again. (P: 1st to 2nd degree.)
25. The creation of Political Parties or organizations of voters who vote together to override others is illegal. (P: 1st degree on the leader of any such organization.)
26. All players wishing to join the GSA for the first time must sign up on the Join Page. (P: Warning.)
27. A member of GSA may not have an alias in any other clan while serving in the GSA. A member may also not rejoin the GSA under a different account or handle if they face a possible banishment or dishonorable discharge whether be it a few weeks or months. (P: 3rd degree.)
28. In an active vote of any kind, it is illegal to reform GSA law to effect the vote or the outcome of the vote in any way. (P: 1st degree.)
29. Laws may not be made that contradict pre-existing laws/rules. (P: Warning.)
30. A law can not be voted on again unless factors change that constitute a revote on the law, or if a period of three weeks have passed since the last vote. (P: Warning.)
31. All laws that are not stated in the Constitution are considered free rights of the members. (P: None.)
32. If a law/rule is created or destroyed, then only a force equal or stronger in power to the law can undo or change the law. Ex.: If the people vote to remove a law, then even the FG as a whole cannot remove the law using his/her own power. (P: 1st Degree.)
33. You cannot commit treason by harming the GSA or its entirety/members. (P: 3rd Degree.)
34. A member is innocent until Proven Guilty.
35. You cannot manipulate someone through bribery/blackmail or other insidious strategies to acquire a promotion.
36. If you are called upon to come to a training map, defend a base or raid an ENEMY base, then if you have the ability, you are obligated to join and assist in said map, failure to follow this law will result in 1 day ban from the GSA chat each time, with an exception of 1 per day. In other words, if you are called to train with GSA once a day, you must join. But if you’ve already trained with other GSA that day then you are not obliged to train again. (You are not obligated to go on raiding sprees done for fun, only things that have to do with training or wars.) [FG Implemented]
37. All members that posses the privilege of author, editor and admin must abide and follow the post regulations rules that are stated. Follow the Post Regulations: https://gsafaction.wordpress.com/0-3-member-resources/post-regulations/
38. Comments are to be neither edited nor deleted, except for the following exceptions: You may edit out profanity, you may delete comments from an enemy, but ONLY if that person poses a hack/site deletion threat through commenting, You may delete comments in order to keep a post clean. But you must warn people that they will be deleted in the post. (P: Removal of site powers for one (1) day)
39. Whenever a vote is created to perform an action, then there must also be a choice within such a vote in which members can vote to change nothing. Votes that end in a stalemate must have a runoff election between the top two voted choices.(P: 1st degree)
40. Only members that were active in the GSA for a period longer than one year can achieve the Veteran Rank. Once said member leaves/retires from the GSA than he/she may be reinstated or may acquire the Veteran Rank: [GSA]Veteran., but only if approved by a FG member. Upon entering the Veteran Rank, there is no activity requirement, and these people can never be removed from the members list unless the FG authorizes it. [FG Implemented] (P: 1st degree)
41. The Authority level of Veterans is as follows: No authority, yet may not be ordered by any rank (except the FG). The Veteran is not an active and truly official member, however he/she is bound by GSA law and has GSA rights, and is to be treated as a GSA member. [FG Implemented]
42. Contact or communication of any sort with banned players or isolated clans without the permission of the FG is prohibited. This includes commenting on websites or forums related to those clans/players. If a non-GSA member is found communicating with banned members, they will be added to the “Punished” role until communication ceases. Repeated offenses will result in a ban from the GSA chat. (P: 3rd Degree)
43.Only members of the EKAT division may fight in official battles with foreign clans unless the EKAT member chooses to invite a player/etc(P:1st degree)
44. You do not have the right to slander or damage a member’s reputation in anyway to get them fired or demoted because of dislike or hatred towards that member. (P:2nd Degree)
45. A member of the GSA may not share their identity with another person, or mass of entities. In the case of this happening the member’s cases of identity will be null and he/she must create a new identity to which it is private and not accessible by anyone other than the GSA owner. (P:1st Degree)
46. Members below the rank of Lieutenant cannot recruit members into the GSA. Members must be the rank of Lieutenant or above to invite or recommend someone to join GSA. (1st Degree)
Hey fellow GSA members, Night here, and today I propose to you an option to participate in making GSA better and being a actual part of it. Now I have several plans I’m gonna propose after this post but I want to hear from you all on what YOU think, yes you in the crowd of blue smurfs. So therefore:
I ask a few questions but you guys can add to them or ask one and provide a response to it, I want some feedback so I can add your opinions if they fit. Also, this is you lot participating so more power to GSA. Thanks for reading and as always,
Night is occasionally Right (Jonb7 edited this, sic ’em boys!)
Because Banz has yet to make a post, thanking his voters, i’ll do it for him. Thank you everyone for your votes, no matter who it was, the participation was appreciated. And so now, from those votes, I’d like to welcome our newest Clan Leader Bananananananana Reaper. Everyone give Banz a warm welcome. His first requirement as CL was to choose Vice Leader(Grand Advisor) He chose Eagle. So in addition to welcoming Banz, please welcome eagle as well in their new positions as CL and GA.
Your Friend and Alloy,